Thursday, March 11, 2010

Steamed Pork with Salted Fish and Ginger

Salted Fish with Pork and giner

Hmm... this may not  be to everyone's liking but I got hooked on it when my friend, May Leong's mom cooked it for her whenever she comes back home. Auntie can really cooked and May, whose is currently working in Australia as a doctor is one of my good friend whom I know since I was 19 years old in my first vacation job. We were in Altron then, it was a computer school and I was in administration while she was at front desk sales. She was the one who introduced me to pubbing and mahjong but the only thing she would ever drink was coke while we danced the night away.

Anyway, this can be varied accordingly but I lightly fried the ginger and salted fish a little before adding to the pork, which I chopped up roughly.

Ingredients
Lean pork, about 100g
20g of fresh ginger, julienned
Salted fish about 1/3 to 1/2 of the amount of pork
2 tablespoons of soy sauce 
2 tablespoons of sesame seed oil
2 tablespoons of Shaoxing wine
White pepper to taste

Steamed Pork with salted fish and ginger

Steps
  1. Sliced the pork thinly and chop roughly, set aside in a metal plate for steaming
  2. Lightly fry the ginger and salted fish but this step is optional if you prefer not to do it.
  3. Assemble all the ingredients and seasoning, leaving the ginger and salted fish to be spread on top.
  4. Steam it for about 15 minutes or until done, you can also put it on top of your rice while you are cooking it.
  5. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment