Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mango Pudding


Mango pudding with philippines mango

I'm back in Singapore again! This time for only three weeks and one of the things I had was Mango Sago with Pomelo at one of the famous dessert store along Liang Seah Street at Bugis, but I didn't like it very much because it uses small ice cubes to chill the dessert. It's disturbing to the whole experience of a smooth, cold dessert when you have to crunch down the ice cubes or spit it out of your mouth.

I very much prefer this version of mango dessert - mango pudding. I especially love those you can drench with evaporated milk but this recipe provides that already with the use of condensed milk. As I've told some of my friends, I don't usually cook when I'm back in Singapore since I will be pampered by my Dad, so this was one I did a few months back, when a friend, Dayny had some visitors from Philippines and graciously gave me some famous Filipino mangoes. They were sweet and succulent, perfect for this dessert!

Min favoritfrukt är mango och jag gillar allt som har med mango att göra. Det var den första efterrätt som jag åt när jag kom hem till Singapore för tre dagar sen. Det var inte samma som detta receptet utan den har isbitar. Jag gjorde den här för några månader sen, när min kompis Dayny gav mig Filippinska mangos som hennes kompis har tagit med när de besökte henne i Lund.

Makes about 4 large wine glass portion
Ingredients:
125ml cold water
2 and 1/4 teaspoon powdered gelatin or equivalent amount of gelatin blade (about 6-8 pieces)
125ml whipping cream
125ml condensed milk
30g sugar
2-3 mangoes, peeled and pureed, reserve some dices of mangoes as toppings
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Steps
  1. In a bowl with the cold water, add in the powdered gelatin or if you are using gelatin blades, prepare them by soaking in cold water.
  2. Prepare the mango by blending it in a mixer till it is smooth.
  3. In a small pan, heat the cream and sugar together till it comes to a fast boil, remove from heat and add in the gelatin mixture or gelatin blades. Mix till the gelatin dissolves. 
  4. Add the condensed milk, mango puree, lemon juice and salt into the mixture.
  5. Pour into your serving containers, topped with diced mangoes and chill in the fridge.

Mango 
pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment