Friday, June 1, 2012

Stir Fry Celery With Wood Ear Mushroom, Baby Corn and Carrots

IMG_0142

Its fast but it's almost been four months since our baby boy arrived and life has never been the same again (especially for the blog!) and my husband suggested I can blog about parenthood and stuff. So since he starts tasting solids (we've tried rice cereal so far), you may see some baby food recipes coming up in this blog :)

First, this really nice refreshing dish to add to your Chinese dinner table. It was cooked by a friend who helped during the confinement period and I've grown to like it more and more. I wanted to make it for my Dad who visited us in Sweden late last month but didn't get the chance too. So hopefully my sister will see this and make it for him instead ;)

Ingredients
4-5 stalks of celery
1 carrot
1 can of baby corn
A handful of  dry wood ear mushroom
Chicken stock powder to taste

Steps
  1. Peel the celery and carrot and slice into sections. Soak the mushroom until soft, remove any hard bits, drain and set aside. 
  2. Heat up a frying pan on high with 3 tablespoons of cooking oil until smoke it coming out.
  3. Add in the celery and carrots first and fry until they are bright in color before adding in the mushroom and corn.
  4. Season with chicken stock powder and some water, I prefer them with a bit of crunch but you can cook it longer if you want it softer. Serve with rice.

IMG_0140

1 comment:

  1. I actually like stir-fry especially when it have lots of veggies. I think this blog will help me to cook what I want for today. I will now save the ingredients and instructions. Thanks for sharing!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete